Welcome to the Virtual Sleep and Breathing Clinic
The Virtual Sleep and Breathing Clinic is an internet based sleep clinic specializing
in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with sleep disorders. Geography presents NO limit to patient access to sleep medicine healthcare because the Virtual Sleep and Breathing Clinic allows patients to interact with the sleep physician and staff over the internet utilizing secure two way audio video communication. If there are findings requiring further investigation or therapy, the patient will be advised and referred for direct physical examination.
The services we provide include:
- Sleep medicine consultation with a board certified sleep physician
and experienced nursing and technical staff
- Home sleep testing with state of the art technology and convenient
- Sleep testing for CDL recertification
- Sleep laboratory polysomnography for attended sleep studies is
available through multiple hospital sleep lab affiliations
- Ordering CPAP therapy
- Ongoing clinical follow up to assure compliance and effectiveness of
- Coordination of care with knowledgeable specialists who are
experienced in the therapy of complications of sleep disorders:
- Ear Nose Throat
- Sleep psychology
TeleHealth patient visits are generally not covered by most insurances at the present time, except in a limited number of circumstances. Therefore as a rule, the patient visit with the doctor or nurse practitioner will not be covered by insurance. However the sleep study should be able to be covered and attempts will be made by the staff of the Virtual Sleep and Breathing Clinic to obtain insurance precertification.
a patient needs an evaluation for a suspected sleep disorder, the patient can have a referral by the primary doctor faxed to our office at 732-412-3519 or emailed to the attention
of Patti Lukowski email@example.com.
Patients can also refer themselves by submitting a request for an appointment on this website or calling the office main number
Prior to being seen we request the following of ALL new patients
- Complete the patient questionnaire for medical history and information
- Be prepared to provide vital signs at the time of the telemedicine patient visit. Most people have access to home blood pressure cuffs and pulse oximeters and fingerstick glucose. The doctor needs the readings of the blood pressure, heart rate, and pulse oximetry oxygen saturation. If diabetic, the doctor needs the most recent fasting blood sugar.
- If any labs were done recently, please have them available.
The Virtual Sleep and Breathing Clinic will NOT prescribe any controlled substances. If patients have conditions that would benefit from such medication, the physicians of the Virtual Sleep and Breathing Clinic would advise follow up with direct physical examination by the patient's personal physician. A consult would be provided to the patient's physician with any findings and recommendations.
The Virtual Sleep and Breathing Clinic is the telemedicine component of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine Group LLC, which maintains offices in New Jersey.